[ddots-l] Re: k1000 and Goodfeel in conflict

  • From: "William R. McCann" <BillList1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:19:56 -0500

Hi, Evelyn,

As I recall, you own both an HP and a Canon CanoScan or equivalent USB
scanner.  I recommend that you dedicate the Canon to scanning music with
SharpEye and keep that HP for scanning text from Kurzweil.  If you only
owned one scanner, that HP, we could find a way to configure it to work with
both programs.  But, since you do own 2 scanners and since we know that HP's
interface and SharpEye do not work optimally, I suggest you just keep them
separate unless there is some reason not to do so.  We do have many
customers who use SharpEye with an HP scanner but, for some strange reason,
HP's scanning software (I believe it's called Precision Scan) will not
remember required settings for SharpEye from session to session.  In other
words, one must check the HP Precision Scan settings each time one launches
SharpEye.

Regards,
Bill

P.S.  Don't forget that you must set up your scanner using the Select Twain
Source under SharpEye's File menu.