[ddots-l] Re: k1000 and Goodfeel in conflict

  • From: "W. Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 06:09:46 -0600

There are no buttons on a 4p, of course, I'm not sure of the Cannon.  I
honestly think your friend may have clicked the "print" button and sent the
materials
to the "kesi virtual printer".  If you didn't innitiate the scan yourself, and
we don't know what was actually done, we have to starting place from which to
launch conjectures about what is happening behind the scene.  You need to try
the process yourself folowing what you hear your screen reader doing, and
documenting the process...

W. Nick Dotson

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 00:45:37 -0500, Evelyn Weckerly wrote:

Hi, Dave,

Actually, I am not sure what happened because a friend started the scanner.
However, I was following directions for blind users at the time. We may
have gotten into the trouble at that point though. I have been used to
k1000 controlling the scanner. Anyway, one thing I am going to have to do
tomorrow is (Nick, take note) to read the scanner's manual. Nick is always
urging people on the Kurzweil list to read the manual, and rightly so.

Evelyn

At 09:27 PM 1/16/05 -0800, you wrote:
>Evelyn,

>Are you by chance launching the scan process by pressing one of the buttons
>on the scanner itself? I have 5 buttons on my scanner and each is configured
>to launch a particular program.

>Dave

Technical Support Group
Senior Support Engineer for Kurzweil 1000

** ddots-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq