[ddots-l] Re: O.T. Best way to get print book accessible?

  • From: "Omar Binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 13:05:19 -0400

MessageI'm not familiar with bookshare, but I know that with rfb&d you would
have to send them a copy of the book in order for them to record it, and that's
if they decide they want to record it. I've looked into having services that
scan books into pdf's but they seemed really pricey; although I didn't research
that enough. I'd be curious to see some responses here as well. A friend of
mine had open book from freedom scientific, and I messed around with that a
bit, but it seems a big hassle to take the book apart and scan page by page.
lol I'd rather pay someone to do that, but again, the cost of such a service
seems high. Some people who use open book say you don't have to take the book
apart, but from messing with it, it seemed to me that the only way to get an
accurate scan with that is to take it apart or the scanner doesn't get all the
letters at the edgeof the pages where they connect.