[ddots-l] Re: O.T. Best way to get print book accessible?

  • From: Charles Marston <rumbero73@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 15:42:59 -0400

Omar:

From my personal experience, I have never had to tare a book apart in order to
scann it.  Open Book is able to compensate for pages that are not completely
flat or perfectly strait on the scanning surface.  However, with some really
bulky books, you do run into some problems such as missing letters.  However,
at least in my case, I never had to take the book apart for scanning.

From: omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx
To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: O.T. Best way to get print book accessible?
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 14:08:49 -0400

Charles,

Do you find that with open book you have to tare the book apart for the best
scan possible?

From: kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx
To: blindgeekzone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [ddots-l] O.T. Best way to get print book accessible?
Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 11:50:37 -0500

Dear All,
    I recently purchased a copy of "Music Notation" by Gardner Reed.  This is
the bible of print notation conventions.  I asked prior to buying the book and
found that it was not part of the collection of RFB&D or Book Share.  Since I
don't know how either of those services work, I'd like to know which of them is
the best to go to and ask them to consider including this book in their
collection.  Failing that, are there services that would scan an entire book
into PDF for a fee?  I don't own a Sara or Open Book and don't want to buy one
for this purpose.
    Anyway, if anyone has a suggestion as to how to make this book as
accessible as possible, I'd love to know.
Thanks,
Kevin

The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get
started.