[ddots-l] Re: O.T. Best way to get print book accessible?

  • From: "Dave Carlson" <dgcarlson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 May 2010 15:31:03 -0700

Interesting. During the late 1970s I worked in a documentation department in
a modern company, and even though the typesetting was done via a machine and
the data stored on mag tapes, the galleys were delivered to illustrators who
cut/pasted/glued the text along with illustrations to the cardboard masters,
ready for the camera. No electronic form of the actual page layouts existed
until the mid-80s.

Dave