[softwarelist] Re: OPro 2.76

  • From: Alan Adams <alan.adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2006 18:15:50 GMT

In message <4e8f649604ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ray Favre <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <IC$e2fFyTDcFFwe+@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, David Pilling
> <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> >The documents - both the Impression original and the OPro
>> >conversion - are the !LaBella Manual which is on my web-site at:
>> >
>> >http://rayfavre.me.uk/dwapps.html
>
> Sorry about the www
>
>> A bit more guidance please. I have these documents, the image
>> appears to be 100% in both the Ovation Pro and Impression (loaded
>> into Ovation Pro) versions. The problem pages print OK (to
>> Sprinter).
>
> Again, answering both Martin's and your points.....
>
> As my first posting said, I'm using !Printers 1.62 - the dpi is 300
> for my LJ1110.
>
> There are two issues - maybe unrelated.
>
> 1) The first is that those two particular graphics items (one on each
> of the two pages) cause a printing error with me - only on the OPro
> converted version - although all the 40-odd other pics,
> similarly-derived, print OK.
>
> I have just tried it on Sprinter, which *does* print OK. So does this
> mean it is a !Printers issue?
>
> 2) The second issue only arose when trying to solve the above by
> saving out the graphics as drawfiles from the OPro version; deleting
> them from the document; then dragging the drawfiles back in. When
> dragged back in the pics both now appear at 70.55% (!) size rather
> than their original 100%. Why?

A useful trick when replacimg graphics in OPro - triple-click on the
picture first to launch the Modify Picture dialog.
While it is open, drop the new picture on top of the old one, which
replaces it but fitting it into the frame.
Close the dialog, which applies the scaling and offset from the old
picture to the new one.

Obviously it is most useful when the replacement is a version of the
original, as here.

Alan

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire