[softwarelist] Re: Imposition signatures?

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 11:38:07 +0200

In message <gemini.jj02sa001x6yh0254.ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Ray Dawson <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Although RISC OS only has a basic Java implementation, is a Java based OP
> a possible viable option for Windows/Linux, Mac, RISC OS?

Not for RISC OS - that is certain. Even if we had a comprehensive Java
implementation, which we do not have, we would never have nowhere near
the processor power to run a serious interactive application at an
acceptable speed.

While it is well possible that there will be a comprehensive Java
implementation for native RISC OS hardware at some stage, it would run
something like OvationPro/Java at a speed that would make the RISC OS
version of Firefox look really fast.

Martin
Martin Wuerthner          MW Software          martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx