[softwarelist] Re: Imposition signatures?

  • From: Ray Dawson <ray@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jun 2007 09:40:58 +0100

Phillip Marsden <phillip.marsden@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > That nasty attack of bile was unjustified and totally unconstructive:
> >
> > (a) I'm sure that David is perfectly able to sort out his own life.
> > (b) Whilst you may be correct in your assessment of the RISC OS
> > market, voicing your opinion here is not going to help anyone.
> > (c) The ad hominiem attack will only generate bad feeling.
> >
> > Keep taking the medication!
> >
> What nasty attack of bile? What medication?
>
> I am certain that David Pilling can sort out his own life. I was merely
> confirming what appears to be his growing belief that he would be better

> off (financially) working in a non-RISC OS area. I did ask him to come
> back and help us when he is able to. Surely that is being constructive?

I'm not sure if this is possible with Ovation Pro, but Quentin Pain has
rewritten Personal Accounts as a Java application. The RISC OS version of
Personal Accounts 4 was originally rewritten for Windows as PA 5, but the
new version Personal Accountz 6 is provided as Java on a multiplatform CD.

Although RISC OS only has a basic Java implementation, is a Java based OP
a possible viable option for Windows/Linux, Mac, RISC OS?

On the cost side, it is worth noting that Microsoft's new Office 2007
(Home & Student edition) is available for under £90 as a complete office
suite, including Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc. No matter what you think of
Word, it is the new goalpost.

Cheers,

Ray D