[softwarelist] Re: DPScan + ARMini -> crash?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:52:13 +0100

Hi,

In message <ab4c1af251.john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, John Crane <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
I never reported it to the list but it did crash in the same way as
described by others. I set the run file to -1, which did seem contrary
to what was suggested for the Iyonix in the ReadMe, but it worked so I
never gave it another thought. This was (is) DPScan V1.23
Don't know if this helps, but at least it shows the behaviour' been
around a while.

There is no doubt that using dynamic areas will make DPScan more reliable, and no doubt it crashes sometimes.

It seems a bit of a stretch to say the above is exactly the same problem as on the ARMini though.

If anyone could reproduce the problem on Iyonix today, that would be different.

However, it's an interesting point because RISC OS on Iyonix must converge with RISC OS on ARMini at some point. My Iyonix is on an ancient version of RISC OS so not much use.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK