[softwarelist] Re: DPScan + ARMini -> crash?

  • From: John Crane <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:26:48 +0100

In message <51f1dc01e0chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In article <zJDp00LOWMHOFw8Q@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> It does all point more towards a bug in DPScan, but it's not where
>> ShowRegs says it is.

> I assume there haven't been similar reports about problems on the
> Iyonix. A couple of days ago I did try to run DPScan on the Iyonix
> under conditions as near as I could get to those on the ARMini when
> the crash occurred. On the Iyonix I failed to provoke a crash.

I no longer have an Iyonix, but when I did it had 512MB. I bought it
with RISC OS 5.05 and kept upgrading it up to RISC OS 5.16 at which
point I sold it.

I never reported it to the list but it did crash in the same way as
described by others. I set the run file to -1, which did seem contrary
to what was suggested for the Iyonix in the ReadMe, but it worked so I
never gave it another thought. This was (is) DPScan V1.23

Don't know if this helps, but at least it shows the behaviour' been
around a while.

John

--
John Crane, RISC OS User