[softwarelist] Re: DPScan + ARMini -> crash?

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2011 14:54:48 +0200

In message <R3pBb2D20wDOFwaW@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <51ec77cf33chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Chris Johnson
> <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>I'll give it a bit of a workout later today. It didn't say in the
>>original whether the problem was only with alignment exceptions on,
>>or with them off as well.

> Thanks for the later report. Very interesting.

> I've had the chap do a *showregs and I can't see why it is crashing
> where it is.

> R15 is pointing at a BLT command and there are no loads or stores to
> invalid addresses nearby.

The aborting instruction would be the one two instructions ahead of
the BLT, but as you say, it cannot be invalid since it is a PC
relative LDR with an aligned offset. Still, if you look at the
register contents, you can see that the LDR R6 three instructions
before the BLT has indeed happened whereas the LDR R5 after it has
not, so everything points to this instruction causing the abort.

> (For show regs to be any use to me you'd have to be using the version I
> have code for, but presumably you could unsqueeze, load, disassemble
> your copy).

Even easier to just grab the application's memory using Zap while it
is running.

Martin