[softwarelist] Re: DPScan + ARMini -> crash?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 23:30:37 +0100

Hi,

In message <672f39ee51.martin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
Yes, saving to Paint or Draw crashes in the same way.

Thanks Martin.

target application. Maybe the crash occurs when DPScan processes the
acknowledgement message?

Hmm. When I got the original bug report, I said to the chap, that it was unusual for the file to have been saved correctly.

What is more intriguing is that quitting both DPScan and Paint
restores everything back to the starting position, i.e., you can once
again try one of the above scenarios, and you get the same results
once again.

Like the old thing about negative addresses - allocating huge dynamic areas etc. (except in reverse).

Obviously, the thing to do is to run DPScan under a debugger to get
more information and to find out whether the instruction at the point
where the crash occurs has been corrupted. Unfortunately, both DDT and
DeskDebug crash when trying to run DPScan.

I've never used a debugger on RISC OS.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK