[softwarelist] Re: DPScan + ARMini -> crash?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 00:37:20 +0100

In message <2455748.02507-ovationpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ovation Pro <ovationpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

Hi I am using the AtMini but not DPSCAN. I have however notices that !SrcEdit
crashes after saving a file and before exiting almost every time.

Interesting, although SrcEdit will internally be completely different to DPScan. SrcEdit is (I guess) based on Acorns RISC OS Lib. Whereas DPScan is based on my own library.

I've not had chance to get back to this problem since Saturday, however I have every intention of doing so, it is all most perplexing, especially if the eventual solution explains all the symptoms that have been reported.

Rogue OS routine clobbers random address in code, would be a nice solution. I note that the problem seems to be ARMini specific and not Beagle, are you all on a particular version of RISC OS, or a particular file system.

I'd appreciate some tests later, and I can imagine sorting this out is going to be lengthy, so don't want to exhaust goodwill at this stage, but does it still go wrong if you save to RAM disc, or to another application.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK