[softwarelist] Re: DPScan + ARMini -> crash?

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 18:54:27 +0100

Hi,

In message <OF086D0B75.1EE910D2-ON802578C7.005B0365-802578C7.005BA9B9@xxxxxxxxxxx>, andy.ling@xxxxxxxxxxx writes
Something did strike me. Is it possible that these "other apps" that
fix things are calling some necessary bit of system initialisation
that you aren't?

Well no, because it has been pointed out that if you get rid of the other apps, the problem re-appears.

That probably also knocks out the idea that junk in RAM being wrongly accessed is a cause.

But you could say these other apps maintain some sort of part of the system which DPScan needs.

There's the point that DPScan has run the code happily for 100's of times before it crashes - usually that could be taken as 'initialisation' being OK.

A bit like the hours I spent years ago trying to work out why some
assembler I'd written only worked in the debugger. Until I realised
the debugger set up the stack pointer and I didn't.

8-)

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK