[softwarelist] Re: DPScan + ARMini -> crash?

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2011 17:32:40 +0200

In message <51ee12b369chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> A bit more playing:

> Load jpeg - save as jpeg OK
>             save as sprite OK
>             save as png OK

> Load sprite - save as sprite FAIL
>               save as jpeg FAIL
>               save as png OK

> Load png - save as jpeg FAIL
>            save as sprite OK
>            save as png OK

That would be a very unusual pattern. I cannot confirm it though.
Here, "Save as Sprite" always crashes, no matter whether I loaded a
sprite or a JPEG.

Are you certain that the sequence "Load JPEG - Save Sprite" works if
that is the first thing you do after booting and loading DPScan?

Also, do all images in your test have the same colour depth and size?
Colour JPEGs are inherently true colour (16M colours), so the other
test files should have that colour depth as well.

Martin