[CTS] Re: Spinrite

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 16:50:13 -0700

Burning on the fly is basically burning from cd to cd *without* the
source cd being cached to the hard drive. This is my understanding of it.
If I'm incorrect, I'm sure someone will correct me shortly! :-)

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:24:48 -0800, Madrachod@xxxxxxx had this to say:

M> In a message dated 6/7/2004 11:25:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vbalbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

M>      Basically it takes a failing hard drive and does a low-level format on
it on the fly.

M>        I think I have a basic understanding of the term "on the fly", but
what exactly does it mean in this circumstance?  I have a cd burning studio on
my puter that allows me to burn a cd on the fly, but I have no idea what that
means.  What's the difference twixt burning it normally or on the fly?  Won't
they both do the same thing and you still have to wait the full 20 minutes for
it to finish?

M>                            Dale

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage - SP

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm