[CTS] Re: Spinrite

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:24:48 EDT

In a message dated 6/7/2004 11:25:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
vbalbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Basically it takes a failing hard drive and does a low-level format on it
> on the fly.

       I think I have a basic understanding of the term "on the fly", but
what exactly does it mean in this circumstance?  I have a cd burning studio on
my
puter that allows me to burn a cd on the fly, but I have no idea what that
means.  What's the difference twixt burning it normally or on the fly?  Won't
they both do the same thing and you still have to wait the full 20 minutes for
it to finish?

                                 Dale