[CTS] Re: Spinrite

  • From: Madrachod@xxxxxxx
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:50:00 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/2004 7:42:29 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> On the fly usually means- while other stuff is going on.

       Thanks.  But I still don't see how that translates to the cd burning,
as I can do other things while it's burning anyway.  Guess I'll have to se if
I camn dig out the instructins and find out exactly what they mean, if they
make it any clearer than what you just did.

 Given the type > of drive recovery work Spinrite is used for, however, it
> may be advisable to let it run by itself to ensure successful completion of
> the
> repair, and to avoid inadvertent crashes from other programs or bad disk
> reads which could force you to re-start the job. Given that it can take all
> night to run, would you want to repeat it?

       Sounds like me trying to run a thorough scandisk in safe mode.  Start
it and go to bed and when I wake up, it's still got a little way to go.

                                         Dale