[citw150] CITW 150 L3 Q4

  • From: "Mariah J. Touchette" <mariah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Citw150 (E-mail)" <citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 22:59:07 -0400

Hi,
First of all, I would like to say that  <http://www.snopes.com/>
http://www.snopes.com/ is my favorite reference for urban legends.  My mom has
a tendency to forward emails without checking out her facts.  I have introduced
her to this site and she loves it as well.

Everyone loves to think that they can get a recipe for a famous dish at a
restaurant.  There was an email that went around saying that someone thought a
Neiman Marcus cookie recipe was $2.50 and was actually charged $250 when the
bill came.  They then forwarded the recipe to everyone they knew.
 <http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cookie.asp#neiman>
http://www.snopes.com/business/consumer/cookie.asp#neiman

Neimans has put out this statement on their website along with the REAL recipe.
"An urban myth is a modern folk tale, its origins unknown, its believability
enhanced simply by the frequency with which it is repeated. Our signature
chocolate chip cookie is the subject of one such myth. If you haven't heard the
story, we won't perpetuate it here. If you have, the recipe below should serve
to refute it. Copy it, print it out, pass it along to friends and family. It's
a terrific recipe. And it's absolutely free."
<http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/service/nmAbout.jhtml#cookie>
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/store/service/nmAbout.jhtml#cookie

Enjoy,
Mariah   <http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/tsmileys2/01.gif>