[bookshare-discuss] Re: Books and Beyond Interviews Dave Lieber Wednesday, January 9, 2008>

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:08:50 -0700

I have no idea, but I can tell you that if a file is an hour long it is
going to take approximately 3 hours or more to transcribe it verbatim, if
that is what is needed and the final product will run somewhere between
15-25 pages.

I could be available for some time on weekends, I suppose, however, to save
my sanity and my hands, I would not want to spend the time it  takes to
transcribe a chat verbatim or as close to verbatim as you can get,
especially if you have to guess at who the speakers are, an interview,
one-on-one would be pretty easy since you would know both voices, a
full-size chat with 20-30 people or more is a whole other ballgame.

For a while someone was writing summaries of the chats, after I did the one
nearly 30-page file of a chat that was about 1-hour 20-minutes.  I returned
to work so was no longer able to devote that much time to the project and I
don't do dialog all that well.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx