[bookshare-discuss] Re: transcribing audio sessions

  • From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2008 10:03:11 -0700

I have typed for so many years, 30 plus in my job that I type much faster
than I can Braille.  I sometimes take minutes in office meetings using the
Braille Note and sometimes have to think of the proper contractions to
input, I recognize any Braille errors but, sometimes writing it now is
difficult.  I got the Braille note before the QWERTY keyboard and after
hearing that the keyboards are smaller than a typewriter, I am sticking with
my BT models but I can't write Braille as fast as I did in high school or
college.

I don't know if I could transition transcription to the Braille Note easily
other than the occasional phone number.  If medical terms were in the
transcription I just have a feeling I'd be trying to type.

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx