[bookshare-discuss] Re: Books and Beyond Interviews Dave Lieber Wednesday, January 9, 2008>

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bookshare-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2008 01:38:11 -0800

Hi Tina, and Liz,

Just wanted to let you guys know that the Friends of Bookshare and the activities that it sponsors are not directly affiliated with, or under the umbrella of Bookshare. Friends of Bookshare is an entity in itself, and Bookshare isn't in charge of the content. I think the goal of the Friends of Bookshare was to increase knowledge of Bookshare. But Bookshare is not in control of its content. If you want to talk to the powers that be about this, Pat Price is the head of Friends of Bookshare. Her e-mail address is pat@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Peace,
Mayrie

At 07:08 PM 1/8/2008, you wrote:
I think Liz is right . I can still hear enough even with my loss to hear chat room stuff and audio online, but can imagine how frustrating that muight be if you could not. Any ideas what we can do or what bookshare can do to include someone in her situation? It would be a shame to lose volunteers just because they didn't have complete access to everything. Are there any programs that would put transcripts online?
----- Original Message ----- From: "liz halperin" <lizzersagain@xxxxxxxxxxx>