[bksvol-discuss] Re: a question on the last days of dogtown

  • From: Mike Pietruk <pietruk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 16:17:45 -0400 (EDT)

PPatti

Sue will be reading not validating the book for once validated and added
to the collection, there is no revalidation.

Let me say something as both a submitter and validator.  Once you have
been around long enough, you see a lot of things happen to your work that
sometimes can rub one the wrong way.
As a submitter, I've seen books mangled and refered less useful bvy the
time it entered the collection.
I've submitted books that, because another person also happened to submit
one at more or less the same time, my got rejected even though potentially
it might have been better.
The other book got accepted first.
I have had ratings changed.
The bottom line, as I see it, is so what!
It's part of life, and as long as the book makes the collection, others
will benefit be it my copy, someone elses, or whether the rating reflects
the book or not.
So relax, Patti, move on to your next book and view this as a learning
experience as every validation can be.
It gets a lot easier as you do more as you learn the submitters, the
tricks of the trade, and a lot more.