[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on Scan quality for blind vs other types of disabled bookshare readers

  • From: "Lora" <loravara@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2008 17:06:07 -0700

Yes, I believe it works with versions of JAWS from 6.0 and beyond.

And you'd make sure you were in Word, then press Insert-F2.  You should get
a list of options.  Either arrow down through the list, or hit C until JAWS
says Configuration Manager.  Either way, press enter once you get there.

The Settings menu can be accessed from within the Configuration Manager by
Pressing Alt-S.

Once that menu comes up, arrow down to Speech and Sounds manager and press
enter.

From there, choose the sound scheme you want.  When you're on a sound
scheme, you can press Tab to hear a description of that sound scheme.  (I
know that works in JAWS 8 and 9, and assume it would work in 7.1 as well.)

I hope this helps.