[bksvol-discuss] Re: Question on Scan quality for blind vs other types of disabled bookshare readers

  • From: Anastasia Saridakis <anamatia81@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 16:48:51 -0800 (PST)

Hi Judy

Before telling you my thoughts about your question let me introduce myself I'm
Anastasia; I am legally blind and use a screen enlarger. So I can see the print
but it is straining so I prefer to listen.

Here are my thoughts: I scan in one file type that keeps the format, kes,  and
submit it in one that deletes the format. This type, rtf is more universal. RTF
automatically deletes the formats. It is more fluid listening to it without the
format. However, I can understand as someone who reads print why keeping the
format in tact for the recent members  would be beneficial, the only format
that keeps the print in tact is KES and  that is not a universal file. I hope I
have answered your question If you have further questions or would like to
further discuss this topic please email me off list.

Anastasia