[bksvol-discuss] Re: Publisher Quality Books needing synopses

  • From: Ann Parsons <akp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 13:38:30 -0500

Hi all,

Sue, I find your post interesting, and I have also decided to answer it here. I was not intending to put Mayrie down, but rather her argument. There is a difference here, a great difference. I used words which should be taken as being friendly objection to a point instead of objecting to Mayrie herself. I deliberately said, "may want to consider" and "here are some possible solutions". I also started out my message by saying that I agreed that these books do indeed need synopses, but I felt that Mayrie's solution of boycotting Bookshare was drastic. Nowhere did I say that Mayrie was bad, or that she was stupid or anything of the kind. Her argument was faulty, that's all.

I can sure understand her feelings of betrayal and that all the work she's done in scanning and finding synopses only to have dozens of books show up without them. It's an awful feeling. And believe me, I do understand. But I just felt that in my opinion, speaking just as little ol' me, that her solution was too drastic.

Now, with all that said, I do have a habit of writing a great deal. I also have been known to be a curmudgeon. Unfortunately, I don't know how fast I can change. I've made some progress, you should have known me fifteen years ago. However, I can't promise a complete transfer.

Ann P.

--
Ann K. Parsons
Portal Tutoring