[bksvol-discuss] Publisher Quality Books needing synopses

  • From: Mayrie ReNae <mrenae@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bksvol-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 06:51:48 -0800

Hello Everyone,

As volunteers we are required to include at least a short synopsis with our submissions of books in order to have them even accepted as submissions. I do not like not seeing any synopses at all with the dozens of Publisher Quality books. If we are required to provide a synopsis with each book that we wish to add to the Bookshare collection, I think that Publisher Quality books should not be exempt from this requirement.

I don't know who is responsible for adding these new Publisher Quality books to the collection, but I think whoever is responsible for including them should also be responsible for including a synopsis with each book. It isn't as though anyone had to take the time to scan the book, or even validate it, so someone should at least be held accountable for providing a synopsis.

If I want to know if a book is of interest to me, I have to go seeking somewhere else a synopsis of it. That isn't impossible, but it is a pain, especially since we as volunteers are required to make the effort to include a synopsis with each book which we wish to have added to the Bookshare collection. Requirements should be requirements across the board, in my opinion.

I am seriously considering not submitting any more books until this inequity has been rectified.

Mayrie