[birdky] Re: (no subject)

  • From: Joyce Fry <joycefry1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "susan.neace@xxxxxxx" <susan.neace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2015 15:47:46 -0400

I often walk in a Frankfort neighborhood and I have not heard as many house
wrens this year as I have in past years. Perhaps our bitterly cold weather
during Feb this year hit the wrens harder than usual.

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2015, at 3:42 PM, Susan Neace <susan.neace@xxxxxxx> wrote:

In Central City I have yet to even hear a cuckoo but I have many Carolina
wrens. However I have yet to see or hear even one house wren

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 18, 2015, at 9:21 AM, "Logsdon, Charles (FW)"
<Charles.Logsdon@xxxxxx> wrote:

Has anyone noticed an unusually large number of Yellow-billed cuckoos this
year. We just completed our PIF survey and had cuckoos (several of the
sites had multiples) at 10 of 12 sites. Typically we hear them on 1 or 2
sites. This morning I had 4 calling in one spot and multiples at the front
gate.

Charlie Logsdon
Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources
Otter Creek Outdoor Recreation Area
850 Otter Creek Park Road
Brandenburg KY 40108
(502)942-9171

"There are some who can live without wild things and some who cannot". Aldo
Leopold
"Life in the wild is more than eating berries in the sun." Gary Snyder

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachment, is
information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, or distribution is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact sender,
by e-mail, and destroy al copies of the original message.