[AZ-Observing] Re: Fw: Winter Star Party

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:04:30 -0700

That's exactly it and you hit the nail on the head: "they just don't want an
airline pilot reporting that they were dazzled by a laser from the observing
location."  Not that it would happen, they are just AFRAID it would happen.

Jack

> Chuck Akers said:
>

> I'm guessing they just don't want an airline pilot reporting that they were
dazzled by a laser from the observing location.

> There are certainly some inappropriate things that can be done with a green
laser, white flashlight, dome light or even a red LED flashlight for that
matter, but they all have their uses too.

> Why not just add green pointers to the star party etiquette and educate
people.  I would think that would be a more logical and effective solution.