[AZ-Observing] Re: Fw: Winter Star Party

  • From: "Tom Polakis" <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Reply-To:az-observing"@freelists.org
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 12:00:48 -0700

"Rights" to use laser pointers and "armed guards" are a bit of a slippery
slope.  The Oregon Star Party had no problems enforcing the policy, as
folks understood that their attendance was by no means mandatory, and they
knew the rules before they registered.  Maybe the same cannot be said for
the WSP, and those attendees might have a legit argument.

Regarding green lasers in general, I find these days that I am at a loss
to point out constellations to the general public without one.

Tom