[AZ-Observing] Re: Fw: Winter Star Party

  • From: "Chuck" <astrogeoc@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 18:53:51 -0700

Latest from the Supreme Court as of yesterday.  It is now permissible during
a traffic stop for a drug dog to sniff your car even when not suspected of
drug trafficking.  Can't do so inside the car so far anyway but they will
try or find an excuse.  Like all of us traffic in drugs that speed or fail
to stop at a sign or some other trumped up excuse to make a stop right?
(tail light out anyone?  Better check!) What a joke we have become. Not sure
which is the worst the government, Congress or the courts.

Watch out - jail time for anyone possessing a laser pointer could be next.
Getting more and more like 1940's and the Gestapo.

Is anarchy just around the corner?   Guess we never learn from history!  Or
is it history repeats itself?

Chuck