Re: [ARMini-support] Occasional crashes

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 21:12:15 +0000 (GMT)

In article <547b310471chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Bell (Lists) <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 'PB_CPUdetect' shows that my Pandaboard, purchased from CJE in December
> 2013, is OMAP 4460 ES 1.1 .

> '!CPUTmpMon' shows that it's running at 1.20 GHz most of the time,
> sometimes dropping to 0.35 GHz (why?)

I seem to remember that a system was implemented to monitor the core
temperature of the processor and when it overheats to reduce the clock
speed until it drops. If it keeps falling like that then it could well be
that yours is regularly overheating and that might be causing your
problem. I don't know if your CJE version has any sort of cooling but it
might be sensible to check this.

Alan

--
alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx