Re: [ARMini-support] Occasional crashes

  • From: A Rawnsley <rcomp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 00:14:31 GMT

> I'm inclined to agree that it's something about the Panda itself
> rather than the software. I can't otherwise explain apparently random
> dropouts unrelated to what is being done at the time. Today I returned
> to the m/c after a couple of hours away to find a 'NetFetch ... must
> exit' message. Yesterday it was a 'Message from H' in similar vein.
> Also yesterday, a message "Error outside Impression Publisher:
> Internal error: abort on data transfer at &20310D08". So it goes on,
> generally trivial but sometines requiring a reboot. By contrast, the
> Pi seems free of this behaviour.

I would make a small comment that both you and Chris are, I believe,
using CJE supplied Pandaboards.  As far as I know, they were all old
boards, not the more recent revisions that we've been using for about
a year.

Now, I'm not saying that ARMiniX is necessarily any different (I
occasionally see spurious errors), but I've never heard anyone
suffering data loss with an ARMiniX with a crash.  For me, it's always
been the case that (very) occasionally, I'll double click something,
get a spurious error, then run it again without issue.

Note that in terms of stability, our new i.MX6 machines are being
deployed already as *servers*, ie. 24/7 operation.

Andrew

--
R-Comp
22 Robert Moffat, High Legh, Knutsford, Cheshire WA16 6PS