Re: [ARMini-support] Occasional crashes

  • From: Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: armini-support@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 17:53:46 +0000 (GMT)

In article <547b21bce3chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Bell (Lists) <chris.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Alan P Dawes <alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > The jist of my post was that as there are a number of versions of the
> > Panda board and only some people are reporting problems, is it
> > possible for users both with and without problems to post the version
> > number of the board. As mentioned here:
> > http://omappedia.org/wiki/PandaBoard_Revisions the board revision can
> > be read by software - is that available for RISCOS?

> If RISC OS can't read it, maybe it's written on the board itself?

> > Would reducing the processor speed help? I'm suggesting that those
> > who are affected should run at half speed for 2 weeks and see if that
> > improves stability. I don't have a pandaboard so do not know if a
> > program to vary the speed is available as there was for the Beagle
> > Board but I do remember that Keith Dunlop was experimenting with
> > raising the Pandaboard speed some time ago so he may have one.

> I'd be interested in experimenting with a slower speed, if someone
> could tell me how to achieve this!

> Chris.

Here
https://www.riscosopen.org/forum/forums/5/topics/2794
Chris Gransden gives the link
http://www.riscosports.co.uk/pandaboottest.zip
which in the Utils folder has a basic program PB_CPUdetect which looks
like it can be used to increase the speed of the Pandaboard so hopefully
someone can tweek it to reduce the speed - I don't have a board to try it
on.

Alan

--
alan.dawes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx