[argyllcms] Re: dispcal: Warning - RegOpenKeyEx failed with 2

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2007 00:15:37 +1100

lee scratchy wrote:

ok well, here's the best I could get :

Adjust R,G & B gain to get target x,y. Press space when done.
   Target B 36.52, x 0.3128, y 0.3291
/ Current B 36.76, x 0.3125, y 0.3364  DE  5.5  R+  G-  B++

I've adjusted the blue contrast of my DLP projector to get the "B" this close
to the target.

The "B" in front of "36.76" stands for "Brightness". (I'll change it to "Br" to
reduce confusion).

could you also please add a fullscreen mode for videoprojectors so the
calibration window borders
> don't interfere in the process ?

It crossed my mind, and I will look into it, but I think you've got problems if
your
instrument is set so that there is any chance of it being affected by the
window border,
since it may then be being affected by the edge of the screen.

and about my LUT problem, I guess it's hopeless considering both displays
become display
> #1 when they are the only one enabled ?

It sounds complicated. My only thought is that you need some way of detecting
which configuration
you have, and switching the target display accordingly. Perhaps a shell script
of some sort could be arranged to do this ?

If you have a dynamic situation (ie. the Operating System or graphics card
drivers switch as you plug in or remove a display), then a more sophisticated
ICC profile/Video LUT management application is needed. Microsoft had an
ICC management application you could download for XP (a Vista Preview).
Perhaps it handles dynamic display changes ? (sorry, I haven't played with it).