[argyllcms] Re: dispcal: Warning - RegOpenKeyEx failed with 2

  • From: lee scratchy <leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 13:44:19 +0000

Hi there and HNY!

I have 2 additional questions if you don't mind Graeme :

1)I've seen that ARGYLL supports the HCFR colorimeter, but it doesn't seem to
take reference files(.thc) in account.....so how can I find out the right R/G/B
mix ?
AFAIK this unit is worthless without .thc files, which basically enables to
find the proper white temperature

2)I'm expecting to receive a Eye One Display LT unit.
in the Gretag SDK and in the HCFR software, they ask you to put the unit in a
bag in order to "calibrate" the unit for LCD, and on a white background for CRT.

I've been told that the Eye One were giving more precise measurements thanks to
this unit calibration required prior to each session.

is it required with ARGYLL ?

Thanks again,