[argyllcms] Re: dispcal: Warning - RegOpenKeyEx failed with 2

  • From: lee scratchy <leescratchy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 14:14:03 +0000

ok thanks for all the detailed explanations, much appreciated!

well I wanna reach D65 to get true to life colors in my HD movies mainly.

ok so here's the deal :
http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=argylltf1.gif

top is argyll, bottom is s2pro software.

so I've used "dispcal -v -yc -t6500 -qh test" then "dispwin test.cal"

BTW, does dispcal reset the LUT before calibrating or should I reset it with
some other app ?

I've used the pre-calibration options(choice 5) of dispcal to set the OSD
properly, I've played around with R/G/B and brightness....but it didn't ask to
change the contrast setting...did I miss something ?

anyhow, I'm very happy with the calibration, it looks outstanding!

I'll try on my DLP projector during the week-end, the s2pro did a pretty poor
job <30 IRE...but the spyder2 is notorious for being not too sensitive in dark
colors, which requires to make much longer measurements I think.

do you think I would see some major improvement if I upgraded to a Eye One
Display ?!

Cheers,

-Maxime