[argyllcms] Re: dispcal: Warning - RegOpenKeyEx failed with 2

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 23:22:35 +1100

lee scratchy wrote:

ok thanks Graeme  I'll try, but I think that will be the same problem all over
again.
as long as the 2 devices are running at the same time, that will work. but whenever I will disable one, windows will apply its own defaut LUT no matter....but I'll give it a shot

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean. Unless you've installed some other LUT
control
application, nothing should be applying another LUT over the default linear one
that will be there at startup.

well yeah I got it right then, but if it says to lower "y"

I'm not sure what you mean. There are no instructions about "y",
only instructions about R, G and B.

I lower the green contrast but then "y" increases ?!

I'm not sure what you mean by "contrast". The white point adjustment
is for displays that allow the setting of the white point by controlling
the R, G & B maximum levels. If you're using some other type
of control, then the instructions may not make sense.
As you follow the instructions, the delta E should decrease.

I don't think I can achieve what I want with the "-p" argument.
basically I use it on my videoprojector, so I want it as big as possible, but
> still being able to read the ARGYLL precalibration infos(the 2 last lines of
the command-line window).

It's better in this situation to be using some other screen for the
dialogs, but you should be able to get close to what you want with a fiddle with
the -p parameters.
You may not be able to cover everything except 2 lines, but
you should be able to fill 3/4 of the screen this way.

atm, I have to make one precalibration pass then struggle to move the window.

dispwin is the easiest way to experiment with this.

if you could offer the option to move it by hand before the calibration, that
sure
> would be VERY handy on videoprojectors.
the window remains always on top anyway, so there isn't much to worry about.

I'm not sure I can have it both staying on top, and manually resizable
on all operating systems.