[argyllcms] Re: Loading CAL file with dispwin

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 10:02:34 +1100

Roger Breton wrote:
About to open dispwin object ...
About to set given calibration
About to destroy dispwin object

Must be something else. Oh! I'm running Argyll on Vista. Maybe? I'll try on
an XP system...

Vista will almost certainly have an operating system facility to register the
profile and load the LUT automatically. See Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound
-> Color Management. In Devices I think you select "Use my settings for this
device", and then add the profile you've created. I'm not sure what else
you have to do though, or exactly how it interacts, as I haven't
explored this yet.

In fact, I'm not sure that dispcal etc. are working on Vista, as I notice
that on my system that it doesn't honour setting the video LUT properly (it
seems to flash, then return to what it was). Either Vista changes how this
works (but it's not noted on MSDN), or there is a bug in the Intel video
drivers for my test system.