[argyllcms] Re: Loading CAL file with dispwin

  • From: Craig Ringer <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 11:43:45 +0900

Roger Breton wrote:
> So, as it stands, Vista still wipes any LUT upon blinking the screen for any
> permission-related prompts?

Well, on my laptop, with my video drivers, that is the case. I can't
speak for your machine, but I've seen enough other reports to know it's
far from just me.

> That's bad.

I couldn't agree more.

> Other than constantly issuing "dispwin myCal.cal" after each of these stupid
> prompts, there are no system cure for this ailment?

A batch job that re-loads the LUT every few seconds?

Honestly, I don't know if there's a decent way. The latest version of
i1Match (XRite/GretagMacbeth) doesn't make any apparent effort to handle
it; it expects the LUT loaded on startup to stay loaded and doesn't
correct the situation if it's cleared.

I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that SP1 fixes this issue.

Craig Ringer