[argyllcms] Re: Loading CAL file with dispwin

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 16:16:05 +1100

Craig Ringer wrote:
Graeme Gill wrote:
I've noticed a more serious problem though, and that is that
evey time I load the Video LUTs for one application,
it clears it for all other applications.

Interesting. I don't see that effect.

Would you mind providing a short step-by-step so I can repeat your tests
here and see what happens? I'll try both with Glass enabled and disabled.

OK, I open two command prompt windows and CD to where the Argyll utilities
are. I also have a profile with a vcgt that is set to a real
calibration - profile.icm (ie., not linear), and a linear calibration
file created by displin, linear.cal.

If I do a

t1:     dispwin -V linear.cal

after startup, it verifies as being the default.

If in one window (t1) I do a

t1:     dispwin profile.icm
t1:     dispwin -V profile.icm

it verifies.

t1:     dispwin -V linear.cal

fails to verify, as expected.

If I switch to the other terminal (t2) and do the same
thing, I get the same result.

If I then:

t1:     dispwin profile.icm
        dispwin -V profile.icm

it verifies.
If I switch to the other terminal:

t2:     dispwin -V profile.icm

it fails.

and

t2:     dispwin -V linear.cal

verifies.

Graeme Gill.

IIRC you might need an executable manifest that specifies Aero
compatibility, or to use different APIs to access the LUTs. I haven't
had to deal with this myself, though, so that's really just hearsay.

There's no reference to Vista issues on MSDN for the particular
function calls involved. My code isn't using direct draw,
just GDI.