[argyllcms] Re: Loading CAL file with dispwin

  • From: Graeme Gill <graeme@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: argyllcms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 15:20:21 +1100

Craig Ringer wrote:
The LUT still gets reset shortly after login. It's hard to tell what's doing this, and I'll have to do a bit of digging.

I've noticed a more serious problem though, and that is that
evey time I load the Video LUTs for one application,
it clears it for all other applications.

ie. If in one command shell I set the Video LUTs,
I can verify from that shell that they are loaded.

If I check from another shell, then the Video LUTs
are not loaded. If I set them from the second shell,
they appear to load, but if I check back with
the first shell, they have been cleared.

The same thing happens if I create a startup
item to set the display calibration. It has the
effect of clearing the Video LUTs as seen
from all other applications.

I also note that after updating my drivers and doing a Windows
Update today that now the screen flickers whenever the LUTs are
accessed, and that during that access a box pops up
saying "The color scheme has been changed to Windows Vista Basic".