[arachne] Re: anybody out there ?

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 13:59:39 +1030

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 19:35:50 -0500, Jason Dodd wrote:

> Sure, dos is faster on the same machine as windows, os x, or linux.  Even
> when
> it doesn't appear so, they are all doing more things at the same time than
> dos
> would be for the same task.  Although you can make a nice gui desktop with
> linux
> that compares quite well with a dos machine in terms of speed.  My dos
> machine
> has lots of *nix commands and I'm using a bash shell so it feels a lot like
> linux but I do miss the multitasking.  I'm looking into some task switchers
> see how they'll do but at this point I keep thinking I wonder how I used to
> live
> having only one app running at a time.

I prefer multitasking by using two computers, each with only one
task to look after <GGGGGGG>

I have a copy of "The Idiots Guide To Linux" and the CD-ROM that
I intend to install one day.... when I get a round tuit.....

BasicLinux is already installed on this computer, but I never
seem to find time to study it and learn to use it.....

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v