[arachne] Re: anybody out there ?

  • From: Jason Dodd <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 20:51:08 -0500

You even have a newbie who has miserably tried to make Arachne work on his Windows' Dos window and failed (you know, the packet drivers thingy). I'll probably try soon when I install FreeDOS 1.0 or within dosemu (I at least switched to GNU/Linux).

That said, I regularly visit the home page of arachne and the to-do list, and I was surprised to see that there's now a USENET and IRC client. Congratulations for that!
Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --

I did install with freedos 1.0 and so far so good. Actually, I installed it to it's own partition on my linux box outside of dosemu. It works nice that way. I can either boot to that partition if I want speed or hit it from dosemu.

I forgot who but someone here told me how to get my packet driver working. Thanks for that!!
Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --