[arachne] Re: Mouse? (was Browser Won't Start In Default Home Page)

  • From: Jason Dodd <jasorn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 16:22:33 -0600

Err, I don't know when this started going astray. Maybe when I put my 2 cents in :)

Imho both you and Udo are helpful.

Just seemed to me Lester's and Rob's post were received more as attacks to be defended more than honest questions from people wanting to get help and who had in fact done a fair amount of research.

Then somewhere it got interject that REAL dos users don't use mice. And REAL dos users don't browse with a gui browser that supports modern html 'thingies'.

Perhaps I'm a little touchy because lately I've had some contact with people who think arachne and dos are objectively the best browser and OS respectively. Truth is, they both need much work to compete and only someone who wants to limit his available tasks to that which was available sometime in the late 90s or earlier would consider either the 'best'.
Arachne at FreeLists -- Arachne, The Premier GPL Web Browser/Suite for DOS --