[arachne] Re: Mouse? (was Browser Won't Start In Default Home Page)

  • From: "Eric S. Emerson" <wildrice5@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Oct 2006 15:34:11 -0500

Jason,
               I agree with you. <ggg> I never suggested
that anyone had to do it my way. If you have such a
statement made by me then please show it to me.
I only described how I do it and how it works best
for me. I only gave explanations for how things work
as I have experienced them. I was only extending
a helping hand as others have done for me.  That's
how I have learned. I will continue to extend a helping
hand when I can and when someone seems to be asking
for help. I will not force my help on anyone. They can
take it or leave it. However, I have learned that if I
bite the hand that is extended to help me then often
that hand is not extended the next time I need help.
I don't care if the other guy prefers a mouse or CLI
just as long as he doesn't try to force his preferences
on me. Just like you said, I use both methods.
Sometimes some functions can be performed better
with a mouse...but....that is usually only because
the the programmer designed it that way.
I prefer to use my computer resources to make
programs work faster and/or better rather than use
those  resouces to create pop-ups and other
frivolous trivial secondary functions when the
secondary functions interfere with the performance
of the primary functions. I get peaved when the
secondary functions leave me exposed to viruses
and spambots and provide no other useful
function. I get more peaved when I then have to
waste my computer resources to provide a defence
against attacks made possible by those un-necessary
secondary  functions.

Glad to extend a helping hand when I asked,

Eric