[arachne] Re: Browser Won't Start In Default Home Page

  • From: "Udo Kuhnt" <048321887-0001@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 14:26:05 +0000

> Hi Udo,
>         It really isn't that important but I personally
> would like it the way it works now. I don't use a mouse
> and I have no right mouse button and I don't want a
> right mouse button. I seldom use the Arachne desktop
> so ALT-F1 gets it for me if I wish it. What page appears
> when one starts Arachne I believe depends on whether
> one is connected and/or how one is connected. Since
> Version 1.91 was just posted on glennmcc's site, I'm
> not exactly sure exactly how this new version works.
> Some of us prefer the ability to leave Arachne and
> return to the same page.

Hi Eric,

I also would prefer to have Arachne work like it currently does, which
is to *not* ignore the setting in arachne.cfg, and I think that is how
most people would want it to be. If Arachne would ignore the setting
which page to load on start-up, I would consider this a bug. Not a
serious bug, but a bug nonetheless.

If you actually rely on this bug, you should rather file a request to
make it a configurable feature instead, because bugs are there to be
fixed and thus your beloved "feature" might go away anytime a new
version is released.

Regards,

Udo

-- The DR-DOS/OpenDOS Enhancement Project - http://www.drdosprojects.de