[arachne] Re: Browser Won't Start In Default Home Page

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:05:42 +1030

On Fri, 27 Oct 2006 10:39:54 +0000, Udo Kuhnt wrote:

> Well, I am not "most users", but I expect the browser to start at the
> defined start page. Which Arachne does perfectly, I may add. So I really
> do not know what this is all about.

> However, if this should have changed recently, I would propose to
> change it back, since *I* suspect that *most users* expect Arachne to
> start at the home page they have set, and not at some random page that
> was in the cache before the last crash, or even the page that caused the
> last crash, causing Arachne to crash again. If one needs to go back to

I agree 100%.

The following is part of a batch file I use to open Arachne on
the URGENT mail folder if that has anything in it, or on the
Inbox if that has messages, otherwise on a "fast hotlist" of
links I have frequent need to access.

   set ext=file:mypage.htm
   if exist mail\*.cnm set ext=inbox.dgi
   if exist mail\urgent\*.mes set ext=file:mail\urgent\*.mes
   call arachne.bat %ext%
   set ext=

Note that this is a separate batch file and should NOT be used to
replace (or add to) ARACHNE.BAT.

.   ,-./\
.  /     \     from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
.  \_,-*_/     "Queen City of The South"    34:55 S  138:36 E
.       v