[arachne] Re: Browser Won't Start In Default Home Page

  • From: "Lester" <fd100@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 04:50:42 -0500

>Lester: I won't try that because I'm afraid to touch Arachne.cfg
with DOS or Windows editor, as this would likely cause home page
problems again.

>Greg: Copy arachne.cfg as arachne.old then start editing. If you
have trouble you can copy arachne.old back over arachne.cfg at any
time.

When the home page problem occurred I actually had the backup of
Arachne.cfg and Mysetup.acf (with the same settings) but restoring
any of those did NOT solve the problem.

>Greg: Be sure to use only a text editor. Word and many other
Windows editors will fill the file up with formatting information
that can thoroughly confuse arachne.

I was using WinXP Notepad.exe. This could have been the source of
the  problem.

>Bastiaan: I had similar problems by not using the standard
d:\arachne since I have more Arachne distributions than drives.

I don't see any problems resulting from using D:\Arc instead of
C:\Arachne. Of course all the paths are corrected accordingly. You
have multiple installations on the same drive, so that might be
another story.

My home page always starts first now, for the last few days. Somehow,
Arachne managed to fix itself.

From now on if I want to make any configuration changes I do them
from Options, inside the browser.

Lester