[arachne] Re: Adobe swings and misses as PDF abuse worsens

  • From: "Greg Mayman" <gmone@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: arachne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:54:40 +0930

On Sun, 1 Mar 2009 20:54:54 -0500, Brian C. Murphy wrote:

> Like Sam ewalt, I don't like PDF's in principal.  It's hard to find a goo
> DOS PDF reader and adobe "upgrades"  PDF so often that once you get a DOS

> PDF reader you have to find another because the old PDF reader cannot rea
> the new version of PDF.  I like pure ASCII text that never changes and ca
> be read and written by any computer from 1950 on.

> It would be a good idea if all 150 of us were to write ADOBE and insist
> they maintain up to date DOS versions of each new version OF PDF.

ROTFL! It's a lovely thought, Brian!

    Go placidly amid the noise and haste,
    and remember what peace there may be in silence.
        "Desiderata", Max Ehrmann, copyright 1952.

   ,-./\
  /     \ From Greg Mayman, in beautiful Adelaide, South Australia
  \_,-*_/   "Queen City of The South"  35d 01'44"S  138d 32'13"E